Career Options for Teenagers & Young Adults
There is an excitement every teenager and young adult experiences from knowing the best career path to follow — university, college, trade school or some other avenue.
The joy a Successful Career Brings — To Both Children & Parents
Parents have referred their teenagers and young adults to us for guidance over 40 years. Many entered careers they never considered or thought possible.
"Young people need to know their potential and options down the road."
Who Should Participate
- Grade 11 & 12 High School Students facing career decisions
- University/College Graduates seeking their first career position
- Young Adults concerned about their employment future
Features of Careeroute Program
- Comprehensive Career Options Profile (on-line)
Vocational Options, Skills & Talents, Personality Potential, Motivation, Natural Roles, Physical Attributes, Brain Creativity
- Image vs the Hidden Factors
What we think and believe about a career may not be correct
- Factors in Work
Participants review 19 Factors seldom if ever considered:
Companionship, Advancement, independence, handling bureaucratic hassles, responsible for lives of others (ie Pilot), difficulties & distastes, variety, outside pressures, etc.
- One-on-One Guidance (telephone or in person)
- Follow-up support
Results of Past Clients
- Laura D. worked as a waitress after completing a science degree — she now enjoys an Environmental Technologist career.
- Sharon H. also worked as a waitress after graduating from Queen’s University. We guided her to a Logistics position with one of Canada’s leading employers.
- Lynn W. became an Arson Investigator earning $90/hr.
- Christine B. pursued training as a Navigations Officer and works on ocean vessels.
- Ken R. entered Aviation as a Pilot.
- Kristian M. is 3D Design and Applications Engineer…and travels internationally.
Careeroute provides teenagers and young adults with the insights and support to achieve success in three critical aspects of life.
- To be somebody
- To do something worthwhile
- To belong someplace